Now it's time to wrap up all details and informations for our deviantMEET in Florida which we briefly announced it a couple weeks ago.
As a team who initiated that idea of organizing a friendly devMEET, *Tatchit, =Ahkward, =Rawliett and I along with ~Arkelion help- we all would like to invite anyone for our chill-out friendly meeting! We will be there with... our special guest who is a Greenlandic Inuit dog coming from the North.
Our meeting will be held on Saturday, May 18th starting between around 12pm-1pm.
The location will be at Blue Jacket Park in Orlando, FL.
Here is the official address for it.
Blue Jacket Park
2501 General Rees Ave
Orlando, FL 32814
It has lots of wide open spaces, as well as lots of shade for us to hide under. The park has restrooms, drinking point, a lot of trees, dog friendly and so on. There is a very large fountain there, that is where we will all be meeting.
To find us, will be easy... simply find us with a white husky/wolfdog looking a like dog with sepia three spots on body.
No car? No problem! If I'm correct then...
If you are getting up there without car, this park has easy access by public transportation. Buses with no. 313 and 13 are ones which are going to Blue Jacket Park from stations such like Orlando Downtown.
Here is a map how to get there from Orlando Downtown and Orlando International Airport for potential travelers which may come there via flight. Simply try to find out on your own how to get by public transportation from your location!
Anyone is invited! If you can get there, then you are totally welcome to come join us. Feel free to bring your friends too, even if they aren't on dA! Here are devMEET profiles I've created whom you'll be meeting: [link] Though, it's expected that there will be more people than ones who are listed on devProfiles! If you are planning to attend to our devMEET and want to create a devProfile where you get featured under that my journal, please send me a note with your short brief who are you, three fav pieces and additional infos (we very highly recommend that if you have specific needs or fears i.e. "I am afraid of dogs" or "I am blind" etc. in that way we will try to remember and provide the best service).
Now onto MINI FAQ:
- Is there any age limit?
Of course not! It's open for any age. I've been to many official devMEETs and organized a few ones, there are many people with various ages, ranging from 14 years old to twentys. We all act like if we were all in one age
Though, make sure that your parents permit you to go on devMEET if you are underage! We take no responsibility for anything.
- I'm scared to meet you guys… I'm not as good as you guys etc.
Being afraid because you're potentially meeting a few of "amazing artists" in real life isn't reason to be afraid! Faster, you'll see how we are just boring humans like everyone else. We aren't cool people, we are who we are. Because some of us are great artists and have professional reputation does nothing with our personalities or influence on our lives. :> The only I may be different because I'm from different culture, I guess :>
Just knock if off from your mind that we are "cool" or "celebs". It will make your life a lot easier.
- But, I am not artist....
Hey, devMEET is friendly to anyone! Sure, many of us will be artists and may have topics related to DA or about art but we will have mostly a friendly chill out there about nothing-and-everything.
- I have social anxiety and I feel SO stressed about it….
That's why there will be petting dog-therapy session with Arnaq! Come to her and pet her, breathe and relax. Just chill out. Relax. Let us know what you feel and we will try our best! This is a friendly and very tolerant devMEET, not to act like a cool person. Be yourself!
- What should I bring there?
Anything! Obviously.... bringing deadly and harmful tools/weapons is strictly forbidden. Feel free to bring your sketchbook, art supplies, your favourite plush, candies, 3DS/DS/PSP/PSVita etc. Also I'd like to advise you guys to bring your own drink and food. Around that area there are no cafes or stores nearby (there is one cafe but that's about a while of walk), I'd like to advise to bring your own food if you'd like to snack something.
Also, if you want to bring your own pet, it's welcomed though, bear in mind that Arnaq is unfriendly dog to dogs (yellow ribbon). Unless if that's very submissive husky (prefered male) and they should go along well
- I'm unable to attend on devMeet because I'm out of state…Will you organize in [my] state devMeet?
I'm sorry! To organize a devMEET is very difficult and not as easy as it sounds. It's not like I can come everywhere and shout up, hey let's meet here. There are so many factors that are involved within why I'm able to organize a devMEET in certain place and time… but if I could, I really would LOVE to have devMEETs organized in all 49 states
But! For those who are out of Florida, I want to let you know that you aren't out of options. You can take an inexpensive round-trip flight over there if you are financially on comfortable spot to spend money for a roundtrip flight and maybe have some small vacations in Florida Currently we have two potential people who are outside of FL state and are planning to come to our devMeet…. and I very appreciate that effort and I'll prepare special gifts for them. :> Always I can lend for a helping hand with finding available cheapest flight fares and planning flights. I'm such a sky person
- Tips and Reminders!
1. Bring your sunscreen. We will try to stay in the shade, but you need to play it safe!
2. Always stay with a buddy! Yes we are in a park, in safe area but try to stay in a group or at least with one other person. Safety in numbers!
3. Be careful driving around Orlando there are lots of tolls. The directions I gave you above avoid them, so stick to them if you can. If you are confused by them, you can use the address fro teh park (also above) to get your own directions. Often, you can set settings to avoid tolls on your GPS or maps searches online.
4. Since we will have `Exileden's dog with us, you must follow HER RULES. You NEVER run right up to a dog and pet them without asking. The basic rules with Arnaq are posted below. Many people have been around her and she is a great, agreeable dog, but still, use a common sense being around her. If you have doubts or questions about Arnaq ask: =Ahkward, =Rawliett, :devArkelion and `Exileden.
5. For your own information: we take no responsibility for anyone. Everyone is responsible on their own.
6. Behave politely and respect people. No harrasing, making fun of people and so on. Do not bring harmful items. Violent or harmful behaviour on devMEET will NOT be tolerated.
7. Lastly... Be yourself!
So what are we gonna do once we get there! Well, there is no really a "schedule" with devMEET since it's a mere up to everybody, besides a group photo thing. We figured we could could start by all having lunch together so we can all sit down and get to know each other exchange names and etc. From there, we can hang out in the shade and draw together continue to hang out. Though, for sure, I'd like to do a Group Photo shot of us all and we will do once everyone or most people will show up there (about an hour after official time of devMEET). We can do some in person trades and let people draw in my sketch books. Maybe we can take turns doing demos. We can walk around and explore the park and maybe play some games. If you want to bring a football or frisbee, feel free and we can possibly play a bit. Really, it is up to you. So there is list of what we can do:
- Sit and draw. (obviously lol)
- Feel free to talk to many people, that's where you can make new friends.
- Mini petting dog therapy!
- Have a few sessions with Arnaq. Depending how weather will be or how she will feel, I can host running sessions with Arnaq to feel how it's like to be with full time mushing dog (leader)! With my own professional photography equipment I can do individually a photosession of you and Arnaq!
- A group photo shoot.
- We can always figure out something once we get there
Rules with a Greenland Inuit Dog. How to behave with a dog.
It's surely very exciting and interesting experience to meet such unique dog, I'm sure everyone will have brilliant time with her but, just in case, some people may have experienced with dogs, or even with dogs such like wolfdogs or have no idea about dogs at all. Though Arnaq is well raised and very behaved dog, she is unbroken dog from her own wild traits and share a lot of wild canidae behaviour. Being surrounded by many strangers, she feels a bit shy around. Once she will get used being around you guys, she will feel more open and excited. She is a SAFE dog, friendly around people but a common sense is that even safest dog is able to bite if they feel harmed. These are just in case safety instructions:
- Use a common sense when you are around her. Approach to her very gently and slowly. Don't be too sharp or run straightly up to her. Approach to her and show your hand, let her to sniff and observe you. Then you can pet her. Her favourite spots to get pet are back and belly. Once she will lay down on the ground like a submitted puppy, feel free rubbing her stomach! She LOVES that.
- She is very informative and vocal. Greenland dog's tail usually remains curled up but she may have her tail layed down that means she feels shy. With that position, approach to her gently and very friendly. Always use a calm tone voices.
- Do NOT provoke or growl at her. Do NOT spook her. She may do to you. Once she growls at you, take a step back. She never bites anyone straightly without giving a warn (growl). Just don't approach your face to Arnaq's face too close.
- She must remain being leashed all the time. If you will notice her running freely or getting untied, please inform me ASAP!
- For the most time she will be tied on tree/pole. Do not untie or take her for a walk without my/or ~Arkelion's permission.
- She is not friendly dog to other dogs (yellow ribbon) in defensive manners. Seeing other dog in close distance, she may be barking enegetically. Don't get spooked but I'd advise you to not approach to her when she is in "barking rampage" to defend her field, she may accidently bite you. To some dogs she may be friend and some not.
- Very unlikely, but if you happen to get biten by her- let us know ASAP. For your information she is fully vaccinated against rabies and other sickness. Remember, she never bites anyone (humans) for no reason but if she do, then somewhere you made a mistake
- Once she will get around you guys, things will go smoother and more fun Just watch for her exciting run and playful poses... She may invite you for playing!
- if you are afraid of dogs: PLEASE LET US KNOW.
That's all.... anything else? Also, most importantly, I want everyone to have very good and enjoyable time. Be happy, think positively and respect others. Be yourself! Don't act like you want to impress someone, just be like who are you naturally. There is no race or any competitions. It's a friendly devMeet where I want everyone to feel like at home. If somebody is in a help need or something, let's support eachother! Lastly, I do NOT want to be treated like a boss, leader or anyone with higher position- but just like everyone else. Sure, I have initiated and leaded that idea but once we are there, it's just a chill-out meeting.